This role is responsible for developing and leading the Quality Program at the NY Steinway factory by planning, developing and coordinating quality programs and processes. The role will ensure that pianos and parts production are consistent with established quality and customer standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement Quality System for the Steinway NY factory and align with the Hamburg factory.
• Review daily on-the-floor quality related issues with other applicable department management to determine need for corrective actions.
• Develop and maintain quality checkpoints, quality inspection sheets. Maintain audits and constructive feedback to stakeholders of respective departments.
• Develop, mentor and lead CAPA program.
• Manage and track scrap and rework in the factory and develop corrective action plans based on data.
• Works with Procurement Department to effectively communicate with external vendors on quality issues.
• Reviews warrantee report from external customers, presents to manufacturing team, and develops corrective action plan for these items.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• BS degree in Engineering or related field required and 8+ years of equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment.
• In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant manufacturing standards. Certification in ISO9001 a plus.
• Experience in technical writing, generating quality reports, developing quality control measures and procedures.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• A keen eye for detail and results driven approach.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Critical thinking skills and strong initiative to suggest and implement manufacturing changes/improvements.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge in one more statistical software packages a plus.