The Assistant Controller is a self-directed leader who is responsible for the financial reporting, analysis, planning and compliance of regulatory reporting for Steinway Americas. The success of this roles is predicated on meeting deadlines, driving efficiencies to improve accuracy and effectiveness of reporting and executing system initiatives to continual improve our processes.
Financial Reporting & Compliances
• Coordinate and review year-end month-end close process, reporting and analysis of monthly financial results. Financial reporting must follow Company accounting policies and GAAP.
• Review internal control objectives and narratives to determine effectiveness of control. Provide direction on improvements given changing business environment.
• Coordinate, prepare and review year-end financial and tax reporting packages including distribution of responsibilities and review of work.
• Coordinate financial and tax audits including distribution of responsibilities and review of work.
Planning & Analysis
• Provide monthly commentary on financial results to our management team.
• Develop key performance indicators with Vice President – Finance and leadership team to drive performance.
• Lead financial planning process with direct reports and management team.
• Drive improvements in planning, budgeting and forecasting process using Host Analytics tool.
• Assist Vice President – Finance in budget and planning meeting with leaders across the organization.
Technical & Systems Support
• Provide expertise to team on accounting treatment of transactions and effectiveness of internal controls.
• Provide guidance to accounting team and other management of effective use of our business systems including Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Host Analytics and other integrated business systems.
• Provide expertise to team and corporate on Host Analytics business system. Participate in user group and internal meetings to drive effective use of this reporting and planning tool.
• Stay abreast of regulatory and accounting pronouncements that will affect the Company’s financial reporting requirements.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to professional staff and develop them for advancements within the Company.
• Perform special projects designed to achieve corporate performance objectives and respond to ad-hoc requests.
Qualifications, education, and experiences:
• Degree in Accounting from accredited university.
• Active CPA license
• 5 – 8 years of public accounting and related experience advancing to manager role.
• Advance skills in Microsoft Excel and Office products.
• Exposure to mid-market / large company business systems. Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Host Analytics a plus.
• Experience in building and leading a team by delegating responsibilities, reviewing work and developing talent.
• Exceptional learning, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with business partners and leaders.
• Enthusiasm for continuous improvement and intellectual curiosity.