This role is responsible for but not limited to ensuring facility machinery and mechanical equipment are operating without disruption to production and present no danger to personnel. This role also supports coordination and administration of compliance within local municipalities and other regulatory agencies.
• Coordinates and oversees the repair of building equipment and maintenance work assignments performed by internal staff
• Regularly monitor and inspect all areas of the building; report deficiencies and draft recommendations for improvement in a timely manner.
• Respond in a timely manner to staff facility-related requests and complaints, analyzing and prioritizing concerns, formulating action plans, and monitoring follow-through and resolution
• Involved in day-to-day supervising and work assignment to insure work force productivity
• Ensures that maintenance employees gain and maintain a thorough understanding of safety regulations and provide guidance on departmental and company policies and procedures
• Ensures that the Maintenance Department tools, parts & equipment, and vehicles are well maintained
• Ensure routine preventive maintenance on building systems is completed and records updated
• Supervision of Custodial Staff and general oversight of building grounds and exterior cleanliness
• Manage contractors as required
• Respond to emergency calls and rectify existing condition(s)
• Maintain inspection logs for standpipe/sprinkler, maintenance logs, and all federal, state, and city regulations
• Ensure building is compliant with all building and health codes
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• At least 7 years of supervisory experience in Facilities Management
• Knowledgeable regarding NYC regulatory organizations such as DOB FDNY DEP
• Has good working knowledge of standard OSHA regulations and practices (e.g. Lock Out/Tag Out, Haz Comm)
• Working knowledge of Air Compressors, HVAC systems, Cooling Towers, Water Systems, Generators, Life Safety Systems, Boilers / Burners, Mechanical Systems and Electrical Systems
• Experience troubleshooting in facilities maintenance.
• Forklift Troubleshooting experience a plus
• Elevator Maintenance a plus
• Ability to identify and implement process improvements, under minimal supervision exercising sound judgment
• Ability to commit and drive to improve facility operations to better align with company priorities.
• Able to read prints and drawings as required
• Able to work with minimal supervision and execute sound independent judgment
• Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups
• Ability to attain and maintain FDNY COF’s as required
This is a full-time role with a salary range of $80,000-90000. Employees are eligible to participate in robust benefits package on first day of work including medical, dental, vision, FSAs, generous 401k contribution, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, professional development, and more.