The Concert Technician is responsible for providing piano technician and selection services for Artists and venues to support external events, concerts, and sales efforts.
• Prepare and maintain concert instruments
• Test the tone and action of concert & artist pianos to assure Steinway standards are met
• Perform the required adjustments and corrections prior to putting piano into service
• Assist in selection process of pianos to be used by various artists and answer their technical questions
• Adjust piano to specific demands of performer within Steinway tolerances
• Meet the expectations of artists and customers through the regulations and/or voicing of individual instruments according to Steinway performance standards
• Provide concert-ready maintenance and tuning of Steinway concert pianos in tristate areas venues
• Attend and remain on location for certain events, recordings, etc. which may be requested by the artist or venue, which may take place in the evening or on weekend days.
Qualifications, education and experience:
• High school diploma
• 2 years formal training or education for piano technology or related certifications
• 5+ years of piano technician experience
• Experience supporting festivals preferred
• Must be able to do solid concert tunings, have experience in voicing Steinway hammers and regulating skills
• Note: This position requires some local travel. Candidates must be able to lift 20-50 lbs. and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
• Candidates must participate in technical evaluation as part of the interview process
The expected base salary range for this position is $65,000 -$70,000/year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Employees are eligible to participate in a robust benefits package on first day including medical, dental, vision, FSAs, generous 401k contribution, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, professional development, and more.