We are not currently conducting public factory tours and we are not taking reservations for any future tours at this time. We hope to resume public factory tours at some point in the near future, and we will post to this page in the Summer of 2022 with any updates on the situation for Fall ’22 or 2023.
Until then, you can click below to take our Virtual Factory Tour for free:
The Steinway Factory Tour is a visit to a working factory, and because work is being done constantly and everywhere, there are conditions and restrictions for tour participants, so please note that:
- Tours take place at One Steinway Place in Astoria, NY, 11105.
- The factory is large and the tour covers a significant area. You must be able to stand and walk for one and a half to two hours. The tour includes 3-4 flights of stairs.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on the Factory tour.
- There is neither seating nor rest areas available, and there are no restrooms available on the shop floor.
- Open shoes, sandals, flip flops, etc. are not permitted on the tour.
- Canes, walkers and wheelchairs are not permitted on the tour.
- Individuals with pacemakers or similar devices will not be allowed on the tour. (Factory equipment may interfere with the device.)
- Note that tour participants will be exposed to dust and chemical odors.
- Visitor parking is extremely limited near the factory. Street parking is an option, though it may be limited, too. The factory is about a 15-20 minute walk from the Ditmars N/Q line (the factory is a little over a mile from the subway).
- If visitor parking is full, there is a public parking garage, open 24/7. The garage entrance is located on Steinway Street off the corner of 20th Avenue (between 20th Avenue and 19th Avenue). Applicable fees apply.
- Photography is not permitted.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Steinway & Sons
One Steinway Place, Astoria, NY 11105