Steinway & Sons is currently seeking an experienced Asian Market Retail Sales Representative with a passion for luxury and a love of the arts for its company-owned showroom in Paramus, New Jersey.
The right candidate has a proven track record in successfully generating sales within luxury retail or project type environments. The candidate must have an outgoing and engaging personality who can engage with clients on many different levels. While the ability to play piano is not a requirement for the job, musical and tonal understanding is highly beneficial as our clients often seek guidance and recommendations during instrument selections. Experience with business development and lead generating activities are preferred to ensure a continued pro-active approach to sales. In addition to focusing on showroom sales, a large part of this job will involve outreach and business development with the Asian community in New Jersey.
Asian Market Retail Sales Representative Main Responsibilities:
- Achieve personal sales goals and support store in achieving goals
- Develop and cultivate customer leads and relationships
- Implement a sales referral outreach program for key influencers (i.e. piano technicians, real estate agents, designers, piano teachers…)
- Coordinate all piano technical needs after sale follow up (tuning, etc.) and in store as needed
- Use the CRM system to manage and follow up with leads
- Support all in store and regional promotional events (generating and cultivating sales)
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Build and develop strong relationships with Asian music community
Asian Market Retail Sales Representative Qualifications, education and experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and experience in business, customer service, sales or the arts
- Outstanding sales and sales management skills
- Superior communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and drive new business
- Piano or music experience /background preferred
- Min. 2 year experience within luxury / professional sales in a commission based environment
- Must be able to speak Korean and/or Mandarin
- Note: This position requires local travel, and candidate must have access to a car. Candidates must be able to lift 20-50 lbs. and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.