Without musicians, there is no music. During these difficult times, musicians around the world are without work due to canceled concerts — and need support. We hope artists will be able to make use of the continually updated list below of resources for artists (by country) seeking aid during the pandemic. We also encourage all those who are passionate about music to consider how you can best support your local music communities.
- Afro Latin Jazz Alliance Emergency Artists Fund
- Anonymous Was A Woman Emergency Relief Grant, Anonymous Was A Woman (AWAW) has partnered with the New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) to launch an emergency relief grant program to support artists impacted by the COVID-19 crisis
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Artist Relief Tree, A relief fund for artists affected by cancellations due to COVID-19.
- The Bret Adams & Paul Reisch Foundation Emergency Grant, The Bret Adams & Paul Reisch Foundation present a lottery emergency grant of $2500 for playwrights, composers, lyricists, or librettists
- Betterhelp Counseling Services
- Billboard Magazine’s state-by-state resource guide
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources, a list of resources on quantifying economic impact of canceled work; advocacy, legal, and financial information; emergency funding; community care and mutual aid working, gathering and teaching online; health and mental health resources
- COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Communities, This list includes resources for immigration services, healthcare access directories, and education resources
- Jazz Foundation of America
- The New Music Solidarity Fund, an artist-led initiative aiming to grant emergency funding to musicians impacted by COVID-19
- Office of the Queens Borough President: COVID-19 Resources for Artists
- Porter’s Call
- Recording Academy MusiCares The Recording Academy and its affiliated charitable foundation MusiCares have established the COVID-19 Relief Fund to help peers in the music community affected by the Coronavirus pandemic. Donate or apply for assistance.
- Spotify COVID-19 Relief
- United Way
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Coronavirus Emergency Loans Guide and Checklist for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Sängerhilfe Corona help for freelance singers and employees of the music theater
- Duetsche Orchester Siftung — Nothilfefonds
- 문화체육관광부 Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- 한국예술인복지재단 Korean Artists Welfare Foundation
- 서울문화재단 Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture
- 예술경영지원센터 Korea Arts Management Service
And for those (stuck) with downtime, Steinway & Sons has made our library of musical content available to all, absolutely free.
Without musicians, we would not have music. To aid artists during these uncertain and difficult times, Steinway & Sons supports the MusicCares COVID-19 Relief Fund, which seeks to alleviate the enormous financial burden to those whose creative practices and incomes are being adversely impacted by the novel coronavirus. We encourage you to donate as you are able.