Steinway & Sons is seeking a Concert & Artist / Retail Administrative Assistant, for our piano gallery in Chicago, IL. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for luxury and a love of the arts.
Act as liaison and ambassador of Steinway with Concert artists and venues, and manage the C&A piano fleet. Provide office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies, as well as monitor administrative projects.
• Engage in activities that grow the Steinway Concert & Artist business.
• Attend concerts and other events to represent Steinway & Sons’ C&A Department.
• Work with visiting Artists as an Ambassador of Steinway & Sons in Chicago.
• Oversee the C&A piano fleet, including rental bookings, delivery arrangements, maintenance of the C&A pianos, and all related invoicing.
• Maintain workflow by studying methods. Implement cost reductions and develop more efficient reporting procedures.
• Create and revise operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms and inventory control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements.
• Resolve administrative problems by analyzing data and identifying solutions.
• Maintain regular communications with NY offices to ensure proper reporting deadlines are strictly adhered to.
• Arrange all deliveries and post-delivery in-home services for all retail sales.
• Maintain accurate records of vendor invoices, P.O. requests, inventory files, etc.
• Maintain general office supply inventory and orders
• Work closely with GM to establish effective pricing and service procedures for C&A business and inventory.
• Contribute to team effort by providing administrative and organizational support
Qualifications, education and experience:
• Ability to interact with customers, vendors, administrators, concert artists, educators.
• Reporting skills and proficiency with general computer programs. (Excel, Power Point, Word, CRM systems, accounting programs, etc.).
• Organizational skills and expertise with multi-tasking.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines as required.
• Administrative writing skills, problem solving and verbal communication abilities.
• Willingness to travel as needed, and attend Steinway-related events.
• Piano or music experience/background required