Steinway & Sons is seeking an experienced CNC Programmer for our factory location. This role is responsible but not limited to setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines.
• Create and develop CNC programs (3 to 5 axis) using engineering models, drawings and specifications
• Provide manufacturing with safe, accurate and efficient CNC programs complete with tools, fixturing and set-up requirements. Programs must fit the factory capacity profile for set-up and cycle time.
• Maintain accurate documentation to support CNC shop operations
• Perform initial troubleshooting for CNC machining problems including equipment and tooling assessments including assistance to maintenance personal to diagnose machine fault if required.
Qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of 5 years as a CNC programmer, minimum 1 year professional experience programming with Siemens NX.
• Good working knowledge of Siemens NX, AutoCAD, CAD/CAM software – latest version.
• Good working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles preferred
• Experience with a variety of CNC controls especially FANUC
• Capable of reading and writing in G and M code
• Fixture design and building experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills – “can do attitude"
• Must be familiar with Windows operating system and MS Office software products
• Must have strong problem-solving skills relative to machining and CNC processes
• Must be involved in prove out of other new technologies as they evolve, first article inspection, and day-to-day programming optimization
• Able to interpret drawings and specifications including geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
• Able to analyze engineering models/drawings to define the sequence of machining operations to ensure that the design intent and component quality is achieved
• Able to make proper tooling selections, taking into considerations such factors as materials, speeds, type of tools (cutting/drilling), feeds and control systems
• Able to work with manufacturing to develop tooling strategies to reduce set-ups and increase efficiency.
• Able to create standard set-up and in-process-quality check sheets
• Able to play an active part in Continuous Improvement initiatives
• Able to make simple sketches electronically (CAD) with dimensions to outline new tooling, fixtures, or part layout.
The estimated annualized base salary range for this role is $60,000-$75,000, plus annual bonus. Compensation will vary based on skills and experience. New employees are eligible to participate in a robust benefits package on first day including medical, dental, vision, FSAs, generous 401k contribution, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, professional development, and more.