Steinway’s apprenticeship program is a paid, full time, two-year development opportunity that offers you the chance to gain hands-on work experience while also learning the theory and techniques behind piano fabrication, assembly, tuning, regulation, and more.
At the completion of the apprenticeship program, graduates will have expanded their technical skills and knowledge, and will be offered a full-time job in the Steinway factory.
Our program will begin September 2020. We will be accepting and reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. If you would like to be considered for the 2020 apprenticeship program, please send a completed application form along with a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Good manual and mechanical dexterity
• Strong communications skills: ability to understand technically complex instruction
• Requires high degree of physical effort in lifting and moving pianos and materials; must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Team player attitude with a desire to learn
• Proactive self-motivated approach to learning
• Must be able to commute on a daily basis to Steinway Factory and participate in program
• No more than 2 years of work experience since graduating from school
• Candidate must be able to work in the U.S. permanently and not require sponsorship
• Some knowledge of music, music theory and woodworking a plus