Steinway Apprenticeship Program
Paid on the-job-training
Steinway’s apprenticeship program is a paid, full time, two-year development opportunity that offers you the chance to gain hands-on work experience while also learning the theory and techniques behind piano fabrication, assembly, tuning, regulation, and more.
At the completion of the apprenticeship program, graduates will have expanded their technical skills and knowledge, and will be offered a full-time job in the Steinway factory.
The next round of apprenticeship training will begin in September 2023. We will be accepting and reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. If you would like to be considered for the apprenticeship program, please send a completed application form along with a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good manual and mechanical dexterity
- Strong communications skills: ability to understand technically complex instruction
- Requires high degree of physical effort in lifting and moving pianos and materials; must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Team player attitude with a desire to learn
- Proactive self-motivated approach to learning
- Must be able to commute on a daily basis to Steinway Factory and participate in program
- No more than 2 years of work experience since graduating from school
- Candidates must be able to work in the US permanently and not require sponsorship. We will not be able to provide sponsorship to any applicants.
- Some knowledge of music, music theory and woodworking a plus
Now accepting applications for the September 2023 program
The New York State Department of Labor highlighted the Steinway Apprenticeship Program in their film series “This Is Why.” Featured in this video is Tiffany Rivera, current Steinway employee and a graduate of the Steinway Apprenticeship Program.