Steinway & Sons is currently seeking a Brand Ambassador, with a passion for luxury and a love of the arts, for our Chicago-area showrooms in Lincoln Park & Hinsdale.
The Brand Ambassador is an entry level opportunity for a competitive, self-starter interested in building a career at Steinway & Sons, the maker of the world’s finest pianos. This role provides a hands-on learning environment, with the guidance, mentoring, and support necessary to achieve future advancement.
This role is responsible for supporting sales and marketing efforts across our wide customer base. Successful candidates will possess an outgoing and engaging personality and the ability to connect and build relationships with potential customers within the market. This role requires a highly organized, detailed individual with strong communication skills who can effectively represent the Steinway & Sons brand.
Successful candidates will be considered for a high earning sales representative role in a Steinway US showroom following completion of the program.
• Greet and interact with customers who enter the Chicago showrooms
• Support the planning and implementation of events and programs
• Identify opportunities to build new prospects within assigned market
• Recommend and/or implement new market opportunities and high traffic areas for offsite promotional events and programs in assigned market areas
• Support and partner with centers of influence to drive qualified prospects into the showroom (piano teachers, music educators/music schools)
• Promote the Steinway Educational Partner Programs
• Set up and attend Piano Recitals
• Support communication and promotional activity
Qualifications, education, and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Background in music required, Piano preferred
• Fluency in Mandarin is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience working full time or in an internship in sales, customer service, events management or related role
• Superior communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently to drive new business
• Note: This position requires some local travel. Candidates must be able to lift 20-50 lbs. and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
The expected base salary for this position is $43,000 plus commission for any unit sold. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience and location. After the training period, successful candidates can transition into career sales roles with average annualized earnings of $170,000 and uncapped earnings potential. New employees are eligible to participate in a robust benefits package on first day including medical, dental, vision, FSAs, generous 401k contribution, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, professional development, employee piano purchase program and more.